To take the American Vintage series forward, we needed to return to the source and go back in time. We zeroed in on a goldmine of unbelievable original vintage specimens, and we spared no detail in painstakingly dissecting and documenting each phenomenal original-era instrument. We made the journey. We did the work. We dived deep. Every detail was scrutinized, studied and honed.
After exhaustive research, we restored existing '50s-era tooling to the glory of its prime. We created new tooling to craft parts even more authentically. Manufacturing processes were upgraded and refined. New pickups were voiced for each guitar and bass. And much more. Watch the videos and look at the images to see some examples of the journey we took in researching these vintage instruments to make our newest American Vintage models.
Guitarist magazine editor in chief Mick Taylor recently checked out three models from Fender’s American Vintage Series – the 1956, 1959 and 1965 Stratocaster.
Watch the video demo below and learn more about these historic benchmarks
Fender FSR American Vintage '62 Stratocaster, Tropical Turquoise
1962 was a benchmark year for the Stratocaster guitar. Five years of experimentation after the famous ’57 model culminated in another pivotal year for the Stratocaster. The left-handed American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster recalls the vibe of its Kennedy-era ancestor, with features including a capped rosewood fingerboard, three-ply aged white pickguard and special ’57/’62 pickups.
- Period-correct hardware and specs nail the look and performance of the originals.
- Special '57/'62 pickups offer the whole range of great, vintage tones that made Fender famous.
- Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case, Strap, Cable, 5-Position Switch Update Kit, and "Ash Tray" Bridge Cover included.
Fender American Vintage '62 Precision Bass, Olympic White, Rosewood Fretboard
1962 was another groundbreaking year for the Fender® bass guitar that started it all. The classic American Vintage '62 Precision Bass® features a rosewood fingerboard, tortoise shell pickguard and nitrocellulose lacquer finish...
- A split single-coil '62 Precision Bass® pickup offers the legendary tone and performance of the originals.
- 4-ply tortoise shell pickguard, rosewood fretboard, nitro finish, and period-correct hardware offers genuine old-school vibe.
- Deluxe Brown hardshell case, strap, cable, and chrome bridge and pickup covers included.
[phpbay keywords="fender american vintage series" siteid="1" category="38081" sortorder="EndTimeSoonest" templatename="default" paging="true"]